More Q&A About Workers’ Compensation

Get Answers From A Workers’ Compensation Attorney

You can get a lot of advice about workers’ compensation — from an employer who wants you back to work, from an insurance adjuster who wants to close the case, from a doctor who is treating injuries and from friends and relatives who share stories but don’t know the law.

At the Eley Law Firm in Denver, our entire practice for more than 30 years has been focused on representing injured workers. If you do not find the answers you need on our website, or if you need to know how the Colorado workers’ compensation law specifically affects you, you are welcome to call for a free consultation.

In addition to other questions people ask us, here are some more:

  • Can you receive permanent total disability if you hurt your back in several incidents? Yes. If an accumulation of work injuries finally makes you unable to work at anything, you could receive permanent total disability benefits.
  • Can your employer make you return to work while you are still in pain? Until a doctor says you can work, you do not have to return. However, if your employer offers work within your restrictions, you may have to return to it, even if you are in pain. You should certainly consult your doctor about this.
  • Does Colorado pay full wages for lost time? No, workers’ compensation for lost wages is two-thirds of your average weekly wage, and this is subject to a cap which changes every year.
  • Does your employer have to pay health insurance while you are recovering? No, but if you have to pay the premium for your health insurance, it should be added to your average weekly wage and will usually increase the amount of wage-loss benefits you receive.


When you have questions about workers’ compensation and your rights, we have answers.

Schedule your free case evaluation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.